DUBUQUE YMCA DOLPHINS SWIM TEAM
To become a part of the Dolphins Swim Team the following must be completed:
- If you are new to the team, you must be evaluated by the coaches; rookie week is our evaluation week. If you miss rookie week, contact us to set up an evaluation.
- Your child must have a monthly membership that stays current throughout the entire season; this is a requirement from the National Y.
- You must pay the program fee before the start of practice. Payment must be made in full when you register. The required information, pages 9-13 of the parent handbook, must be turned in by specified due dates.
*YMCA Annual Membership Fees:
Youth-8th Grade: $19/monthly
High School: $19/monthly
Membership fees can be paid monthly with a credit card on file.
*Dolphin Program Fees:
Swim Team: $220.00
High School Boys: $110.00
Capacity: The swim team has a capacity of 130 swimmers.
Participants will feel a sense of team belonging which will help them develop good leadership skills, self-esteem, and individual successes. In addition, Swim Team participation:
- Offers meaningful experiences for swimmers of all levels.
- Presents a competitive program that focuses on all of the strokes.
- Promotes a life-long activity that stresses goals.
- Develops and helps build the swimming technique of all participants in an atmosphere of fun.
- Serves as a stepping stone from ‘learn to swim’ programs into competitive swimming.
- Maintains swimmers’ interest and fosters quality technique and a lifelong participation in the sport
For more information about our Dubuque YMCA Dolphins Swim Team program please contact our Y at 563.556.3371.
For more information, please visit the Dubuque YMCA Dolphins Facebook page for team updates.