DUBUQUE YMCA DOLPHINS SWIM TEAM
To become a part of the Dolphins Swim Team the following must be completed:
- If you are new to the team, you must be evaluated by the coaches; rookie week is our evaluation week. If you miss rookie week, contact us to set up an evaluation.
- Your child must have a monthly membership that stays current throughout the entire season; this is a requirement from the National Y.
- You must pay the program fee before the start of practice. Payment must be made in full when you register. If concerned with making payment, please contact Ben Loeffelholz at firstname.lastname@example.org. The required information, pages 9-13 of the parent handbook, must be turned in by specified due dates.
*YMCA Annual Membership Fees:
Youth-8th Grade: $19/monthly
High School: $19/monthly
Membership fees can be paid monthly with a credit card on file.
*Dolphin Program Fees:
Swim Team: $220.00
High School Boys: $110.00
Capacity: The swim team has a capacity of 130 swimmers.
Participants will feel a sense of team belonging which will help them develop good leadership skills, self-esteem, and individual successes. In addition, Swim Team participation:
- Offers meaningful experiences for swimmers of all levels.
- Presents a competitive program that focuses on all of the strokes.
- Promotes a life-long activity that stresses goals.
- Develops and helps build the swimming technique of all participants in an atmosphere of fun.
- Serves as a stepping stone from ‘learn to swim’ programs into competitive swimming.
- Maintains swimmers’ interest and fosters quality technique and a lifelong participation in the sport
For more information about our Dubuque YMCA Dolphins Swim Team program please contact our Y at 563.556.3371.