At the Y, before and after school is more than just a time of day. It’s an opportunity to nurture children’s development so they can reach their full potential.
BEFORE & AFTER SCHOOL CARE AT THE Y
Offered at nearly 2,000 YMCAs across the country, before and after school programs serve 580,000 youth each year. The Y is committed to helping kids learn, grow and thrive in a healthy environment where they can establish positive relationships and experience a sense of accomplishment and belonging—critical ingredients for successful youth development.
Why Choose Before & Afterschool at the Y?
- We are guided by the Y’s core values: caring, honesty, respect, and responsibility.
- We partner closely with schools to align youth’s after-hours learning with their daily curriculum.
- We focus on the whole child, nurturing the social-emotional, cognitive and physical abilities of every youth.
- We strive to incorporate Healthy Eating and Physical Activity Standards into each child’s day by making time for active play and providing fruits and vegetables at every snack.
- We strengthen families by engaging and building strong relationships with parents and caregivers.
- We help each child develop positive character traits and gain valuable, out-of-classroom life skills.
- State-licensed program.
To learn more about how the Y nurtures the potential of every child and teen, contact our Childcare Department at 563.556.3371.