REACH & RISE® GROUP MENTORING
The Reach & Rise Group mentoring program is a TEAM based mentoring opportunity.
- At least 21 years of age
- Dependable, responsible adult who is open to supporting and collaborating with others
- Someone who can listen, respect different points of view and empathize with a child’s struggles.
- Must pass a nation-wide background and driving record check.
- Complete a 15 hour training program prior to group start.
- Check in weekly with Program Director
- 2 adult mentors are matched with a group of 8 youth for 16 weeks in spring or fall or 8 weeks in summer
- The group will meet once a week for 2 hours.
- Youth served are between the ages of 8-15
- Attend weekly site based group mentoring for 2 hours each week
- Youth who could benefit from help with improving self-esteem, decision making, academic succ3ess, social skills, building and maintaining healthy peer and family relationships
- Youth from a wide range of ethnic diversity and socio-economic backgrounds
- Youth encompassing a variety of family backgrounds:
- Intact families
- Single parent families
- Blended families
- Foster homes
- Grandparent or other related headed families
- Youth ages 8-15 who could benefit from the positive influence of an adult role-model
Please contact Tonya Millard, Executive Director of Social Services at 563-556-3371 or firstname.lastname@example.org.