REACH & RISE® 1:1 MENTORING
Our Y is pleased to offer the Reach & Rise® Mentoring Program in the Dubuque community. Reach & Rise® is a National YMCA program designed to build a better future for youth by helping them reach their full potential through the support of caring adults. Reach & Rise® supports youth ages 9 to 17 who lack role models and are in communities challenged by poverty, crime and single-parent households, among other social issues.
WHY BE A MENTOR?
- Provide youth with a POSITIVE, growth-inducing relationship
- Be a SOLUTION to the problem
- Move youth from risk to RESILIENCY
- Have a DIRECT impact on your local community
- Make a DIFFERENCE in the life of someone in need
- Must be at least 21 years old
- Complete 15+ hours of training (provided over 4-5 weeks)
- Pass fingerprint security screening
- Meet with youth 1-3 hours each week (flexible, scheduled by mentor, youth and youth’s family)
- Make a 1-year commitment to the program
- Youth ages 9-17 who could benefit from the positive influence of an adult role-model
If you’d like to explore becoming a mentor, please contact Karen Sawvel, 563.556.3371, firstname.lastname@example.org.