STAYING HEALTHY AT THE DUBUQUE Y
Please find the following information for our staff, members and guests, volunteers and community partners:
- Important Instruction from the CDC, local health departments or government officials
- Communications Pieces and Videos
- Our YMCA’s PSA regarding our response to COVID
Our Primary Messages For Safety And Protective Measures
- Be Responsible by using our many hand sanitizers, CDC/Health Department-approved sprays and wipes.
- Be Honest about sanitizing before and after uses of equipment, both throughout facility, in programs, locker rooms
- Be Respectful by being proactive and engaging other members, or helping to clean up where needed
- Be Caring by not coming to our Y’s or programs if you are not feeling well
Primary Sources Of Updates And Information
- The Center For Disease Control (CDC)
- Iowa Department of Public Health
Dubuque Community Y’s Statement
The Dubuque Community Y is committed to providing a safe and enjoyable experience for everyone who enters our doors. Please know that our staff is monitoring the development and spread of the Coronavirus very carefully using information from well-accredited organizations such as the CDC, Iowa Department of Public Health, government officials, and Iowa YMCA State Alliance. We are working diligently to use this information to implement the most effective strategies and operational standards to ensure the safety of our members, program participants, staff, guests, and volunteers.
Our Y is regularly cleaned by our wonderful janitorial staff and we know that special care is taken by Y staff to meet quality standards in place year-round that keep our facility clean and safe. We invite you to help ensure we all do our part in helping to prevent the spread of germs and viruses by following the guidelines below and going the extra step of cleaning off your machines before and after your use.
- Handwashing remains the most effective method of preventing the spread of germs, including coronavirus. Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after going to the bathroom, before eating, and after blowing your nose, coughing or sneezing.
- Use the sanitizing stations placed throughout the building.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.
- If you or a loved one are experiencing flu-like symptoms, including fever, cough and shortness of breath, please stay home, rest and contact your medical provider.
While no one can predict the impact the coronavirus will have on the United States or the Dubuque community, our team at the Y is dedicated to making the best well rounded and strategic decisions for the health and safety of all members. We will continue to update this page with more information as well as our social media pages if any major changes occur.
Marketing and Communications Director