Swimming is a life skill as well as great exercise and a challenging sport. Ys offer swim lessons (for all ages), family swim and competitive swimming, so we can all safely enjoy the pleasures of an aquatic environment.
Swim lessons not only keep kids safe in the water, but can also be the first step in:
- Learning to lifeguard
- Being part of a swim team
- Exercising through lap swimming
Our experienced Y instructors emphasize personal safety, swimming skills, endurance and social skills, while guiding students with praise and encouragement. Swim lessons are available for individuals of all ages and abilities.
DUBUQUE DOLPHINS SWIM TEAM
Participants will feel a sense of team belonging which will help them develop good leadership skills, self-esteem, and individual successes. In addition, swim team involvement:
- Offers meaningful experiences for swimmers of all levels.
- Presents a competitive program that focuses on all of the strokes.
- Promotes a life-long activity that stresses goals.
- Develops and helps build the swimming technique of all participants in an atmosphere of fun.
- Serves as a stepping stone from ‘learn to swim’ programs into competitive swimming.
- Maintains swimmers’ interest and fosters quality technique and a lifelong participation in the sport.